Monday, May 13, 2024

Rosie's Candies

 

INTRODUCING . . .

I am pleased to offer to my discerning customers, Rosie's Candies; in particular, our Artisanal Chocolate Almond Chews. My gastronomical affair with this product began as a child, when Mom (Rosie) visited the US (usually San Francisco) and would bring home several cannisters of Blum's Almondettes--see picture below.


My sisters and I would decimate these delightful treats--regardless of how hard Mom tried to regulate our consumption. Then, there was an Almondettes famine at home until the next trip to the US.

After some years, Blum's Almondettes were no longer sold. However, Mom eventually discovered a virtually identical product, which was offered by See's Candies as Almond Royal--see picture below. Hence, our periodic and brief bonanzas with Almondettes resumed in its reincarnated form of Almond Royal--at least most every time Mom visited the US.

I was glad See's Candies brought back this exceptional product to the market and, because Almond Royal is virtually identical to Almondettes, I just assumed that See's Candies acquired Blum's and, correspondingly, the recipe for Almondettes. However, based on my cursory research, there appears to be no such acquisition of Blum's by See's Candies (but I may be wrong about this). In any case, the notion that See's Candies was able to develop its own recipe for Almond Royal got me thinking . . .


A few years ago, I was pleased to discover that See's Candies opened a store in Rockwell Power Plant Mall. Today (May 2024), they sell Almond Royal @ P3,325 per lb (454 grams), which is nearly twice its retail price ($29.50) in the US. This is understandable for premium imported products with additional and substantial logistical and overhead costs that are passed-on to local customers, which got me thinking some more . . .

Long story short, I do not derive any gastronomical enhancement from the additional costs of logistics and overhead of Almond Royal imported into the Philippines, so I decided to make it myself. If See's can develop its own recipe for Blum's Almondettes, then so can I.

And by jove, I've got it! As the saying goes, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating." I invite you to try Rosie's Candies--Artisanal Chocolate Almond Chews--at the introductory price of P1,200 per 250 grams. This translates to a 33% discount relative to the P3,325 per 454 grams of Almond Royal (sold locally) on a product that is every bit as good as the original Blum's Almondettes. Enjoy Rosie's Candies at a significant discount! To order, Viber 09985688175.

No comments:

Post a Comment