Friday, May 17, 2019

Parrot Bebop 2 Flight Plan Demo

I have finally tested the Flight Plan feature of the Parrot Bebop 2 and it works quite nicely. I did have to purchase (one time only) the Flight Plan App for P999.00 but it was hassle-free and definitely worth it. After watching a brief tutorial in YouTube, I inputted a couple of flight plans into memory and opened it when my drone was ready to fly. Below are links to the two demo flights:

Around Two Hectares
New Napier Plot (formerly the airstrip at the ranch)

From the time I pressed the "play" button, the drone executed the flight autonomously until it returned and hovered at its final designated spot in the flight plan. For the purpose of an aerial survey, this Flight Plan feature may actually be better than manually piloting the drone. It's precise and economical. No detours or distractions, which normally occur with manual piloting. This is a very useful feature I will be using more often in future aerial surveys.

1 comment: