Monday, January 14, 2013

Who says motorcycle buddies are shallow?

Peter Sandoval is one of my motorcycle buddies who was present each time I participated in a Kawasaki Leisure Bike sponsored road trip, which included the 2nd and 3rd Annual "Roadgasmic" Tour (Manila to Bolinao, Pangasinan in 2011 and Manila to Anilao, Batangas in 2012, respectively) and the 1st Annual Meet of Kawasaki Leisure Bike Owners, destination Tacloban, also in 2012. Peter sends friendly, inspirational, uplifting, "food for thought" kind of text messages and reminders, which I take time to read and reflect upon. One such message, which I found particularly amusing, goes as follows:

"Lives of people these days can be summed up in three words: HURRY, WORRY and BURY. A lot of people live in a hurry and carry a lot of worry, and so find themselves early in the cemetery. It's time for us to  rediscover the three R's in life: RELAX, REFLECT, RENEW. God bless and mabuhay!"

How about that? It's not an original quote (I just checked on Google) but it's the first time I came across it, and it rings so true. Thanks Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment